Funding Opportunities for Research Outside Sweden
Are you interested in a research career abroad? The Swedish research and innovation funding agencies; Vinnova, Forte and the Swedish Research Council offer different financing possiblities.
Opportunities within Europe
Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (MSCA)
Awarding €6.16 billion in the period to 2020, the MSCA support research training and career development focused on innovation skills. The programme funds worldwide and cross-sector mobility that implements excellent research in any field (a "bottom-up" approach). Read more at http://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/. All open calls in Horizon 2020 will be published on the European Commission web site Participant Portal.
The Swedish Research Council
All grants are regularly announced on the web site: www.vr.se The web site provides instructions for applying as well as forms, contacts and the Research Council’s general terms and conditions.
Grant explicitly promoting mobility
The purpose of the grant, twice a year, is to promote international mobility for those with a recent doctoral degree from a Swedish HEI or EUI. Young researchers will get the opportunity to work at a foreign university or research institute or at a Swedish university, university college or research institute. Researchers with a doctoral degree no older than two years are eligible (taken into account time away for parental leave, illness, service within the National Defence, medical internship, commission of trust with union or student organization).
Grants promoting international co-operation
The Swedish Research Council has bilateral agreements on research collaboration with several countries. The agreements usually concern collaboration at the researcher level through joint research projects and workshops, access to research infrastructures or researcher exchange. Information about joint calls are announced on the web site www.vr.se .
There are currently bilateral agreements with:
- Mobility for Growth, Supporting experienced researcher careers through mobility and international collaborations, Vinnova
- The Swedish Research Council. Read more at Mobility and research outside Sweden
- ERASMUS+, Universitets- och Högskolerådet (in Swedish)
- PromoDoc If you’re interested in studying for your PhD in Europe
- EURODOC The European Council of doctoral candidates and young researchers
- EURES Information, advice and recruitment/placement
- ESF European Science Foundation
- Europass Opening doors to learning and working in Europe
- NARIC network The network aims at improving academic recognition of diplomas and periods of study
- Citizens Signpost Service Help and advice on your life, work and travel in the EU.Multilingual legal experts provide a personalised reply
Opportunities outside Europe
Researchers working outside Europe can get useful information and invitations to events and seminars from the EURAXESS Centres located in diferent parts of the world.