OFFER DEADLINE30/06/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYföra forest technologies
föra is an Spanish SME focused on forest resources assessment using remote sensing information such as LiDAR technology. We are a spin-off company of the University of Valladolid. As a forest innovation and technology company, föra team is formed by specialists (six PhDs) in data processing, ecological modelling, forest science, decision support systems and algorithm development. In this call, we would like to complement föra’s expertise with a candidate able to boost our line of research based on computational vision applied to forest monitoring. The researcher will develop his/her carrier by contributing in data harmonization and data analyses from ongoing forest monitoring products. The candidate will be able to develop his/her career in the hot topic of forest ecosystems monitoring.
With the aim of improving forest and agricultural sectors, föra is now involved in various regional, national and EU-funded projects: H2020 projects ‘MySustainableForest’ and ‘DIH4CPS’, RISE project ‘Care4C’, and is beneficiary of a SME Instrument Phase 1 project. Also, acting as in-sector provider for a contract with the ESA (EOLAW). Besides its core work in LiDAR and satellite information, föra is nowadays involved in automatization processes (web platform development), Artificial Intelligence procedures, innovative and robust statistical techniques and the use of drones (both LiDAR and multispectral) to enhance assessment of forest resources.
föra strongly believes in innovation as the main driver to create a better future for forestry. Thus, it is certified as Innovative SME (Spanish Ministry of Science), we have received two Seals of Excellence from the European Commission and we have a close relationship with the University of Valladolid.
For more information about us, see our web profiles: www.fora.es, https://www.researchgate.net/institution/foera_forest_technologies, https://www.linkedin.com/company/föra-forest-technologies.
For the MSCA-IF-SE 2020 call, our company is looking for a postdoc with experience in computational vision and analytics to develop new products that contribute to a better sustainable management of forests.
- Mobility rule: S/He must have not lived in Spain for longer than 12 months in the past 36 months up to 9th of September 2020.
- Fluent in English and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively under his/her own initiative.
- Proficiency in Machine learning & artificial intelligence applied to computational vision analysis
- Experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Applied Math, or a related field.
- Proven Experience in Python and any of the following frameworks: Tensorflow (estimator, dataset), Keras, PyTorch or Thean
- Strong expertise in at least one area of computer vision, machine learning and artificial intelligence (e.g., deep learning, reinforcement learning, object recognition, tracking, segmentation, multiview geometry, evolutionary computation, convex optimization).
- Experience working with OpenCV and proficiency in training large scale models using modern deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch) is a must.
- Commitment to keeping up-to-date with innovation and technical advances, particularly within the geospatial, satellite and artificial intelligence domains.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a CV, motivation letter explaining your research interests, and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org (E-mail subject: MSCA föra) by June 30th, 2020.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.